What another fantastic Kensington Holiday Lights Bike Ride we had last week! Special thanks to our sponsors who helped make our riders’ experience top notch this year by offering specials and treats! We had 130+ riders join in this year from Kensington, Talmadge, Normal Heights, and beyond.
See more photos from the event.
Our 5th annual holiday lights bike ride will take place on Wednesday, December 12.
Adult Ticket: $20
Kid (under 12) Ticket: $5
Bike decorations, food and drinks are included in the ticket price.
Tickets may be purchased at the event. Please arrive at 4:30 p.m.
This year, we’ll meet at 4:30 p.m. at the green space near 4700 Terrace Dr (behind Ponce’s Mexican Restaurant) where you’ll find check-in and bike decorations, plus snacks provided by the Copley-Price Family YMCA.
There will be prizes for kids and adults for the best decorated bike!
At 5:30, we’ll go on a casual, family-friendly 3-mile bike ride through Kensington to take in the holiday lights. After that, we’ll end at the same park and then you are invited to explore Kensington with your friends and family.
The following businesses will be providing complimentary treats and specials for Bike Ride participants:
1. The Haven Pizzeria: one small order of Haven Twists plus Happy Hour on drinks all night
2. cucina SORELLA: gnocchetti sardi and $6 sangrias
3. Kensington Brewing Company: one slice of pizza plus Happy Hour on beer all night
4. Earthwell Refill: hot chocolate and cookies
5. Kensington Cafe: cookie and coffee plus Happy Hour on drinks all night
6. David Tam with Edward Jones Investments: brownies, mini water bottles, mulled apple cider
7. Pappalecco: one slice of pizza and one baby gelato
8. Science Fitness: coupon for 15 minute stretch, health & beauty sample packs
Just show your Bike Ride wristband to the business to get your freebies (one per person at each business).
Homegrown Energy Solutions will provide lighting for us as we decorate our bike together before the ride and Ye Olde Bicycle Shoppe 2 will be on-site to provide any bike maintenance we might need!
In addition to a 1 month complimentary membership to the YMCA donated by our host the Copley Price Family YMCA, Bench Home will be donating a Kensington or Talmadge mug and ornament for best decorated bike!
You must check in between 4:30-5 p.m. with the name used to purchase your tickets. You will be given a wrist band and a map of the route with information on post-ride freebies from our sponsors.