8th Annual Holiday Lights Bike Ride
Our annual bike ride is back and better than ever! We can’t wait to light up the community with you all on Sunday, December 11. The Holiday Lights Bike Ride was recently voted as one of the top events in San Diego according to the San Diego Reader—and we agree.
Tickets are $10 for everyone, and children under 5 years old are free! Tickets include:
- Bike decorations, crafts for kids, face painting, and a bounce house
- Guided, safety-patrolled ride
- Treats & specials from participating businesses (see details below)
By purchasing, you agree to the following:
- If you have a child who is 8 or under, you are required to ride in the family group. All ages and party sizes are welcome in the family group!
- No strider bikes or scooters will be allowed in either group. Bikes with pedals only, and helmets are required.
- You acknowledge your understanding that this course is NOT closed to cars.
- You agree to abide by all the event terms and conditions, including the requirement that all adults in your party sign our release and waiver.
This year we are hosting two routes so that everyone can fully enjoy the ride!
- The 3-mile Full Ride is perfect for comfortable bike riders and people who would like to take a faster-paced ride around the community.
- The 1.75-mile Family-Friendly ride is a slower-paced ride required for those 8 years old and under, but open to anyone.
House Decoration Prizes
We anticipate more riders than ever this year, and we want to make sure the route is lit up! That’s why we will award prizes ($25 Amazon gift cards, donated by the UPS Store) to the top 3 best-decorated houses along the route. Simply decorate your house, and we will contact you to let you know if you’ve won a prize!
Bike Decoration Prizes
We’ll be awarding prizes for best decorated bikes in the following categories:
- Kids non-lighted: $10 gift card
- Kids lighted: $10 gift card
- Adults non-lighted: Pressed glass candle (donated by Bench Home)
- Adults lighted: Holiday plates and cheese spreader (donated by Bench Home)
The fun will begin at 3 p.m. at the Terrace Drive Mini Park (near 4734 Terrace Drive) next to Ponce’s Mexican Restaurant.
Pick up your wristband anytime between 3 and 4:30 p.m., giving you access to explore our sponsors, decorate your bike, and participate in our bike decorating contest for a chance to win great prizes! The rides will begin around 5:30 p.m.
After the rides, enjoy our sponsors’ giveaways and specials along Adams Avenue. Your wristband grants you access to it all!
Check Out Our Sponsors And Their Giveaways
Citrus Aesthetics: Citrus-infused waters
Earthwell Refill: 5% off lotion
Megan Beauvais, Realtor: Ken & Tal Stickers, and games and prizes at booth
The Bloom Coach: Treats for all
Copley Price Family YMCA: 3-day passes and YMCA gear
Friends of Franklin Foundation: Holiday-themed necklace flashlights
Castro Group Real Estate: Glow sticks and cookies
Adams Avenue Bicycles: Bike tune-ups and flat repairs
Homegrown Energy Solutions: Solar-powered holiday trinkets and donation of power generator for our event
The UPS Store: $75 in prize donations; coupons and cookies
Village Vino: No corkage on all in-house bottles and 10% off of all retail
Burger Lounge: Peppermint Shakes
The Haven Pizzeria: Happy hour food and drinks all night with coupons for return visits
Zen Sanctuary: Tea, cookies, and exclusive Zen Sanctuary coupons
Pappalecco: Pizza slices
Ponce’s Mexican Restaurant: Free tacos
Bench Home: $50 in prize donations
Let The Community Know You’re Attending!
Download the images below, post them to social, and get your friends to ride along the routes with you (click to download from Dropbox):