8th Annual Holiday Lights Bike Ride
Our annual bike ride took place on Sunday, December 11. The Holiday Lights Bike Ride was recently voted as one of the top events in San Diego according to the San Diego Reader—and we agree.
This year we hosted two routes:
- The 3-mile Full Ride is perfect for comfortable bike riders and people who would like to take a faster-paced ride around the community.
- The 1.75-mile Family-Friendly ride is a slower-paced ride required for those 8 years old and under, but open to anyone.
House Decoration Prizes
We awarded prizes ($25 Amazon gift cards, donated by the UPS Store) to the top 3 best-decorated houses along the route.
Bike Decoration Prizes
We also awarded prizes for best decorated bikes in the following categories:
- Kids non-lighted: $10 gift card
- Kids lighted: $10 gift card
- Adults non-lighted: Pressed glass candle (donated by Bench Home)
- Adults lighted: Holiday plates and cheese spreader (donated by Bench Home)
Thank You To Our Sponsors:
Citrus Aesthetics: Citrus-infused waters
Megan Beauvais, Realtor: Ken & Tal Stickers, and games and prizes at booth
Copley Price Family YMCA: 3-day passes and YMCA gear
Friends of Franklin Foundation: Holiday-themed necklace flashlights
Castro Group Real Estate: Glow sticks and cookies
Adams Avenue Bicycles: Bike tune-ups and flat repairs
Homegrown Energy Solutions: Donation of power generator for our event
The UPS Store: $75 in prize donations; coupons and cookies
Village Vino: No corkage on all in-house bottles and 10% off of all retail
Burger Lounge: Mexican Mocha Shakes
The Haven Pizzeria: Happy hour food and drinks all night with coupons for return visits
Zen Sanctuary: Tea, cookies, and exclusive Zen Sanctuary coupons
Pappalecco: Pizza slices
Ponce’s Mexican Restaurant: Free tacos
Bench Home: $50 in prize donations